poniedziałek, 21 stycznia 2013

'Dear Abby,' we still need you: Column

DEAR ABBY: I was a busy wife, mother and grandmother who had always been active and involved in my church and community. When my beloved husband died three years ago, everything changed. I became so consumed by grief, all my regular activitiesPauline Phillips, the original “Dear Abby” advice columnist, died Wednesday at the age of 94 after a decade-long struggle with Alzheimer's disease, NBC News has confirmed. Phillips wrote the most widely syndicated column(CNN) -- For nearly 15 years, Dolores Prida was the Latina answer to "Dear Abby." The Cuban-born writer penned columns -- as she once put it -- with "Latin-style tongue-in-cheek advice for the lovelorn, the forlorn and the just torn." Prida died in NewSince 1956, trouble-plagued Americans have been writing letters to “Dear Abby,” a clever advice column offering words of wisdom to troubled readers. The woman behind the pen name “Abigail Van Buren” was Pauline “Popo” Friedman Phillips, who diedDEAR ABBY: During the late 1950s I was married to the prettiest girl I ever set eyes on. “Jenny” and I were in our early 20s and naive. Back then, it wasn't considered “manly” to talk over anything that might be bothering you, so there was little to no
Related External LinksCraig auditions for the open role of Dear Abby | CW39 NewsFixDolores Prida, Latina 'Dear Abby,' dies | Sasha PDear Abby' Advice Columnist Pauline Phillips Dead at 94 | Jewish

Read more ...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz